HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR PEARLS
- Pearls are organic gemstones meant to be worn, but they also require care to maintain their natural beauty.
- When planning to wear your pearls, you should add them as a ‘final touch’ after you have finished your makeup, styled your hair, and applied lotions or perfumes.
- To clean your pearls, wipe them gently with a clean, soft, damp cloth or chamois after each wearing. This will remove any perspiration or body oils that may harm their luster.
- When storing your pearl jewelry always fasten the clasps and lay them flat in their own compartment in your jewelry box.
- When traveling, place your pearls in a velvet, silk, or satin bag, separate from other jewelry to prevent scratching or other damage. Never store your pearls in a plastic bag.
- Ultrasonic cleaning methods, chemicals, or jewelry cleaners should never be used on pearls.
- If you have pearls that have not been cared for properly, take them to a reputable jeweler or pearl specialist for a professional cleaning.